About Maribeth Theisen
I’m Here to Help.
MaribethTheisen, MSW, LCSW, CCHT, is a Counselor (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) and Clinical Hypnotherapist, who has provided counseling, hypnotherapy, NLP, EMDR & PSYCH-K with individuals, and training for organizations, for decades. She has Master’s Degrees in Social Work and Counselor Education. She has studied with world-class experts, and been certified in many techniques, including those above.
Maribeth uses these skills with clients, and also teaches them. She hasbeen an Instructor at the University of North Texas, Hypnotherapy Academy of America, and Hypnotherapy Institute of Maui, which she founded at the University of Hawaii, Maui.
Maribeth’s philosophy is one of self-empowerment:
• You are much greater than your problem.
• Unhealthy behaviors occur because your Subconscious mind was ‘programmed’ like a computer earlier in your life and is now running in the background, influencing thoughts, feelings and behaviors. The good news is, it can be reprogrammed!
• Each of us has the answers within, whether accessing ‘stuck’ places within the Subconscious mind, or finding answers within the powerfully creative Superconscious mind. Neither of these the Conscious mind, which is all most of us are usually aware of, yet only 2-5% of our minds!
• Each of us has the ability to learn new tools. Maribeth teaches you to program yourself for greatness, using such tools as:
*educational books and handouts
*meditation to achieve a peaceful and joyous emotional state to ‘reprogram’ your Subconscious mind, which responds to emotions (not conscious intent)
*Using affirmation and visualization while in that state to program your new thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
*Supporting you in continuously believing you can be and do anything you can imagine!
Maribeth’s therapy includes:
- Integrated Psychotherapy and a Multi-Faceted Approach basd on Transpersonal Psychology, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Brief-Solution Focused Therapy, Jungian Archetypes, and Inner Family Systems Therapy.
- Respect for your values and goals, and considering your emotional, mental, physical and spiritual development.
- Focus on accessing your strengths, as well as your inner potential to provide practical life solutions.
- Support and guidance through challenging times, life transitions, or spiritual emergence and growth.
Maribeth customizes and tailors her Integrated Psychotherapy and Multi-Faceted Approach to you, your challenges, and your goals. She enjoys working with clients who have tried other methods and seek stronger resolutions.
Issues and Challenges you can Resolve:
- Anxiety, Panic, Phobias
- Grief and Loss
- Trauma (PTSD)
- Physical, Sexual, Emotional, Verbal Childhood Abuse
- OCD, Compulsive Behavior, Habits, Addictions
- Lack of Communication or Assertiveness
Maribeth is a warmhearted and experienced counselor and group leader, and has developed seminars on psychological topics such as Couples’ Communication, Anger Management, and Inner Calm. She has also offered interactive workshops on spiritual topics such as Shamanic Journeys, Embracing the Goddess Within, Past Lives, Manifesting Miracles, and Healing with the Angels.
Maribeth has interviewed notable authors such as Ram Das, Doreen Virtue, and James Van Praagh for both print articles, and on her show, Maui Source TV.
Most importantly, Maribeth uses the tools she teaches! Despite early life challenges whichshaped her experiences into young adulthood, she has created an amazing life with a thriving business, continuous world travel, and emotional freedom, as well as a marriage that supports her lifestyle.
Maribeth enjoys sailing in Europe during the summer, and kayaking with whales or scuba diving on Maui in the winter. Wherever she goes, she delights in road trips, site-seeing, hiking, stand-up paddling, writing, singing, and photography.She is now blogging, selling articles and photos at www.MB’sWorld.Online and www.mytb.org/MBsWorld.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Maribeth is a Member of:
National Association Of Social Workers http://www.socialworkers.org
American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (ACHE) http://www.hypnotistexaminers.com
She is a former member of Health Hypnosis Service;
American Society of Clinical Hypnosis http://www.asch.net/
Who’s Who of American Women http://www.marquiswhoswho.com.